Friday, January 22, 2010

They went out for Christmas Gifting...


I bought these Vintage Classics because during the last Cutprice booksale that they are real steals (Inferno went  for just 80 PhP), and I knew upfront that they'll look good on any bookshelves..




But then I discovered that in this new Corporate eklat environment I revolve in, gifting is almost a must. And it does gets you favor; it appears to helpget your work done fast, if you know who to give presents to.

I used to think that giving books is plain pretentious. Would the person assume that the book you gave him/her youve already read? Should it mean that that you shouldnt gift books that you havent read yourself? Do you want to send off a deep, learned, well-read, genius image when you give books?  Are you telling the person whom your gifting to to read a bit more as you do?

Ah, basta. I think 99% of unexpected gifts are appreciated.


For posterity (notes to self): I also gave out the following books that Ive finished reading: White Tiger, Oscar Wao, Shalimar the Clown, Outliers. And then some Twisted 8 1/2 Zafra books (signed).
And then one red Scribe notebook, fireman toy, and chocolates bagged in scotchtaped giftwrappers.

No comments: