Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pasig Traffic Enforcer






Just to finish this Encounter with a Pasig Traffic Enforcer (TPMO)... 

We have threatened and could have caused the loss of income of a poor traffic enforcer. We contested a violation ticket. I believed the apprehension was wrong from the very start, so I was confident that it will be reversed,

True enough the system worked, at least in Pasig TPMO. When I arrived at their office and declared that I was going to contest the violation ticket, I was immediately referred to an “adjudicating officer,” who made me fill-up a mimeographed form, and then scheduled a meet-up with the concerned traffic enforcer a week after. Being a full-time corporate slave on weekdays, I requested for a weekend meet, and it was granted (to my surprise!!)

So that immediate weekend we argued the case like it was in a real arbitration proceeding. On many areas it’s the usual “our-word-against-hers” thing, but she was “caught” outright for using the ticket of another traffic enforcer. That was the solid finding she was reprimanded of. So we “won.” I got back my license without paying anything…but I never expected one of the penalties for her.

When I saw the final written memo of the decision, it called for a reprimand and suspension for one month. I appealed that she not be suspended, but the adjudicating officer still went ahead insisting that when they find a wrongdoing, they implement policy. He mentioned this with pride (!)





So we could have caused the loss of income for one whole month of this poor traffic enforcer. Although it’s her own power tripping that led her to this doom. 

6 comments:

Ian said...

hi sir, i just would like to know the story of your apprehension because I believe that my case was the same as yours, the apprehending officer has no ticket to issue on me but instead he calls for another officer to gave me a ticket. This happens also in Pasig. Please give me a email, re_an021@yahoo.com regarding what to do if I contest this. Thank you very much.

-Ian

ivan said...

I had the same case with Ian, the apprehending officer called one of his co-officer to issue me a ticket and the violation written on the ticket is wrong. Please send me an e-mail to emretino@yahoo.com

Turmukoy said...

hi ivan. file a complaint. the loss to you would be: you have to detail in writing what happened, and you have to come back to talk face to face with the enforcer (in front of an arbiter). the second one is a clear hassle, especially if you dont live near pasig city hall. But if you really believe you have been apprehended wrongly, you might be able to 'right' one enforcer, and help another motorist in the future. good luck.

Anonymous said...

i was following a very tall van and the driver already violated the traffic light! i can't see the light ahead. i wasn't excused and i have to suffer paying 500 fine and salary deductions for being late! my reward was "driving over yellow box (lane)"... was it my fault? when the van i was following at was still moving? isn't it the blue boys' fault when they were not around to warn at least considering the tall van ahead?
can i "contest" it?

Anonymous said...

may karapatan ba ang isang TPMO pasig n manghuli ng colorum n tricycle gayung meron ng city ordinance n TORO para sa mga colorum na tricycle

Anonymous said...

legal po ba ang paninikit ng TPMO pasig kahit natikitan na ng TORO pasig ang tricycle driver