Friday, June 18, 2010

[in 46 years] How an actor's face changed

I watched New York, I Love You recently on DVD. It is a collection of short, interesting vignettes all happening in, yes, New York. In one of the [practically speaking] short films, there was an elderly couple simply walking along the park and poignantly bringing out the humor of old age with pure ping-pong banters. What made the segment amazing of course were the actors who masterfully played their roles.

I then saw a familiar name--Eli Wallach on the credits. The same Eli Wallach who played Tuco (The Ugly) in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Here he was in that 1966 film:

and here he is in 2009 for the premiere of New York, I Love You


Only his nose gives away the resemblance. Amazing.

I wish everyone ages well in the work that he/she loves.

Both are great movies, by the way. Worth your time.

No comments: