Thursday, November 18, 2010

There they go...

I have great respect for this Industry. 


I had my daily allowance in college from my father's illegal horseracing bukis station. I remember our TV is tuned all the time to the cable channel, which shows the races every racing day. On weekends, the races start 1PM until 7. Weekdays, the race will start 6 and not be over until after 10PM. Only Mondays doesn't have races, so the sound of the race caller "Raazziing, there they go, and on the outside, and by the rel, and finally" is a constant sound in our small sala. The bettors are see our what's for dinner.

My father was put on blotter and jailed in a local precinct twice (police of course just waiting for their needed payola pang-areglo), our door was destroyed once by a rading police, there are random callers who'll threaten that they'll have our house raided...the tension is always there, some fucker who didnt want to pay his gambling debts could have tipped us off several times, but my father had no choice but to go on. Risk is needed to get us to college.


When I finally went to the new San Lazaro in Carmona, I was impressed by the facility.

The usual manual post is still there...
(I think this is part of heritage and should not be changed)

The seats are better (than the original San Lazaro in Tayuman).

The track is faster (as proof, i was told that the horses clock faster):

People are still employed

There are still fanatics, regulars:

the players 


the excitement of the homestretch


By the way, today, free from the burden of thinking about our daily baon, papa doesnt do illegal horseracing bets any more. He deserves to be free of worries.

No comments: