Thursday, August 27, 2009

I parked today, and this I saw...





National Bookstore Cut Price Book Sale!
(I used to put nasyonalbukstorcutpricebooksale! at the flyleafs of books I bought during this season)

I also like how theyve brought back that scissor image from long ago. I wish they can also find the tv commercial with falling dominoes from the 90's, and show it again.

It's that time when we can buy books cheaper than anywhere in the US, etc.

I owe a lot to this yearly event. Couldnt have read those Rushdie, Roth, Vonnegut, et al books if they were not on sale. I remember seeing an out-of-my-pocket's-reach book called Sabbath's Theater (400 PhP during college days), and marked that it will go on sale in one year at a big markdown,and it did go on sale! Thank you Nanay Socorro for your superb negotiation skills.

Former expat colleagues used to wait for this as well. Ah, them Dutch.

So went out for lunch today, first day of the sale. And these are the initial loots:




p.s. Fullybooked also went on sale one weekend a month ago. I was able to buy Christmas at The New Yorker, Heat (hardbound by Bill Buford) for 300 pesos! at the branch in Boni High Street. But that bookstore in general prices on the higher side relative to NBS.

No comments: