Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is my Honda Jazz. There are many like it, but this one is mine…




I got my first brand new car. It’s a white Honda Jazz 1.5 V, the top of the line of this model in this country.





Besides the additional 124 K PhP that I forked over in cash, I owe 700 KPhP + insurance to my current company for this card. I am selling my soul from 9am to 8PM for it.

I park it just outside our house, which worries me.

And when I drive at times I also get distracted thinking about all the plastic panels inside. How they will become discolored and crumpled similar to my old Lancer EL 96, whose dashboard panels had some ugly delamination after so many years of service to me and its first owner.

Lancer EL 96 has been very good to me. Lancer EL96 is already 14 years old but he still runs well.

I didn’t take care of his body much, but had his insides repaired when he needs it.

His windshield got smashed 3 years ago, and it was fitted with a new one at Aguila Glass in Muntinlupa, but it later became leaky. Everytime it rains hard, the floor at the drivers side becomes discomfortingly wet.


Every time I see oil leaks, in the engine, I immediately drive to Banawe the next immediate weekend to have EL96 repaired. I don’t know why 3 years hence, I did not pursue repair on this water leak, nor really thought about painting him over. I don’t know why I did not take care of Lancer EL 96’s beauty outside.


He was also hit by a Jeepney, 









But still he gave comfort and continued reliability to bring me from point A to point B. And gave me a refuge to rest temporarily at, when I need it. 




Goodbye Lancer EL 96. You’ve been good. Very good to me and my loved ones. May you continue to please your new owners for 14 more years. May you keep my son safe. He should still be driving you on 2024.


  

No comments: